Washington, D.C. Emmanuel College Alumni and Friends Luncheon
Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:00pm to 3:30pm
National Press Club 529 14th Street NW Washington, DC 20045
Join Emmanuel College alumni and friends on Sunday, October 14, in Washington, D.C. for a luncheon event.
The National Press Club
529 Fourteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045
Meet and greet with the President of Emmanuel College Sr. Janet Eisner, SND.
A Program of Piano Selections: Mary Ellen Harnett Lavelle ’53
Silent Auction to benefit Emmanuel College and its students.
Just a few of the exciting items in our Silent Auction:
NEW AUCTION ITEMS
• A Trip for two to St. Andrews, Scotland for Seven Days and Six Nights at the Fairmont with Economy Class Air, Includes
$900 Fairmont Gift Card for Golf.
• A Trip for Two to Hawaii for Seven Days and Six Nights at your choice of the Hyatt Resort & Spa on the Islands of Maui,
Oahu, or Kauai with Economy class Air, including a $250 Hyatt Gift Card.
• A Trip for Two to San Francisco and Sonoma, California for Three Nights at the Fairmont San Francisco and Three Nights
at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa with Economy Class Air, Including a Private Winery Tour in a Chauffeured
• A Trip for Two to Napa , California for Four Days & Three Nights at the Meritage Resort & Spa with Economy Class Air,
including a Grgich Estate Winery Tour
• A Trip for Two to Alberta, Canada for Five Days and Four Nights at you Choice of The Fairmont Banff Springs or The
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Suite with Economy Class Air
• A Trip for Two to Cayman Islands for Seven Days and Six Nights at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort with
Economy Class Air
• A Trip for Two to The Manor in The Village of Pinehurst, North Carolina for Four Days and Three Nights with Economy
Class Air, Including One Daily Round of Golf or a One Hour Massage
• A Trip for Two to Scottsdale Arizona for Four Days and Three Nights at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess with Economy
Class Air, Including a $600 Fairmont Gift Card for Golf
• Winter Wonderland Close to Home….Woodloch Resort Poconos, Pennsylvania – Three nights for a family of four in a fully
furnished guest house including fireplace January 8th 2013 to March 2013
• Hands on Cooking Class for Two with Chef Susan Delbert and staff in the professional kitchen of the National Press
Club, The Fourth Estate, includes meal for two with paired wine.
• Beautiful Black and White Quilted Bag by Donna Sharp
• Best of the Best Gift Basket from Stonewall Kitchen
• Room Interior Design from P.T. Designs
• A Fully Comprehensive Financial Plan from Washington Equity Planning, LLC
• Original Watercolor print of 9/11 scene by Alumna Elaine Felos Ostrander ‘64
Additional auction items include the following:
• One week at Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club - April 7 -14, 2013 with accommodations for four Diver’s paradise, gorgeous
beaches and the European flavor of the Netherlands Antilles. This villa sleeps four with king-size bed in the bedroom and
a pull-out sofa in the living room.
• 3 nights at the upscale, award- winning Hilton Orlando with daily breakfast included
• 2 nights at the über-chic Mandarin Oriental in Miami, FL with its own private beach
• 2 nights at LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort in Naples, FL – Recipient of the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
for the top Florida golf resort
• One weekend in nearby Bethany Beach, DE in a lovely condo that sleeps six – Deck facing the lake, only a mile to ocean,
tennis, and year-round swimming pools.
• The Elegant Evening Package from the Bernards Inn, Bernardsville, NJ – AAA Four Diamond historic inn and restaurant.
Overnight accommodations, 6-course tasting menu and breakfast the following morning plus a bottle of sparkling wine
upon your arrival.
• The Big Apple package includes an exclusive room in The Waldorf=Astoria Towers in New York City and a haircut and
styling at Bumble and bumble Salon in SOHO.
• 2 nights at Chatham Gables Inn on Cape Cod, MA – “Exquisite historic lodging. Exceptional service” makes this a Fodor’s
• Boston package includes stay at the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Square, dining at the Asana restaurant, and
admission to the newly expanded Isabella Gardner Stewart Museum
• Gift certificate for Wildfire in Tysons Galleria for steaks, chops and seafood
• Gift certificate to Clyde’s with 14 restaurants throughout Greater Washington DC
Works of Art
• Original oil painting – “Cruche et Eau Coloree” by Wil Barrueto
• Ceramic art piece by alumna and Greenbelt, MD Artist-in-Residence Loraine DiPietro ’65
AND MANY OTHER EXCITING ITEMS!
Featured Speaker: Lois Romano ’74, Senior Political Reporter, Politico
Lois Romano is a senior political writer for POLITICO, covering the 2012 presidential election. Prior to POLITICO, she was a political reporter for The Washington Post’s national staff. During her 28-year tenure at The Post, she profiled national leaders, covered politics, policy and business and wrote a daily column. Her in-depth interviews – for both print and video – have included members of Congress, senior administration officials, presidential candidates and business executives, and have allowed her to develop wide contacts and long-standing relationships with leaders throughout Washington during five administrations. She has covered eight presidential campaigns.
In 2009, Ms. Romano developed and produced The Post’s first online video series, “The Obama Era: Voices of Power,” which featured interviews with top Obama officials and other influential policymakers.
In spring 2008, Ms. Romano was a fellow at the Institute of Politics at Harvard University, where she taught a popular study group on the U.S. presidential election.
Ms. Romano is also an adjunct professor at American University, currently teaching “Contemporary Media in a Global Society,” which explores the relationship between communications and foreign policy.
She has a master’s degree in International Affairs from George Washington University, and received her B.A. from Emmanuel College.
$65.00 per person
$30.00 for young alumni (Classes 2003 – 2012)
Table of 8 $500.00 (special pricing)
RSVP by October 9, 2012
Follow the link to register: dnbweb1.blackbaud.com/OPXREPHIL/Even...%2DA459%2D64AB0763DDE3&eid=42778
Maps & Directions
National Press Club
529 14th Street NW Washington, DC 20045
• Take Metro to Metro Center
• Take the 13th Street Exit, take escalator to 13th Street; you should be at 13th and G Streets
• Walk one block south to F Street.
• Turn right (West) and walk one block to 14th Street
• Turn left and walk downhill to the National Press Building lobby
• Enter and take the elevators to the 13th Floor
From Montgomery County
• Take River Road south to Goldsboro Road and turn Right.
• Turn Left onto Massachusetts Avenue.
• Follow Massachusetts Avenue to 14th Street NW and turn right.
• From 14th Street turn left onto G Street -the PMI Garage is half block on the left at 1325 G Street
• Walk out of the garage and turn right. At 14th Street turn left. You will see the entrance to the National Press Building.
• Enter and take the elevators to the 13th Floor
• Follow signs to 14th Street Bridge; Exit to 14th St
• Continue north on 14th St past Washington Monument and Pennsylvania Ave
• The National Press Building is in the next block, next door to the Marriott Hotel
• Cross Memorial Bridge to D.C.
• Bear left at the Lincoln Memorial
• Right on Constitution Ave
• Left on 15th St
• Right on F St
• The National Press Building is at the corner of 14th next to the J.W. Marriott Hotel
• Take I-66 east across the Roosevelt Bridge into D.C.
• This becomes Constitution Ave
• Left on 15th St
• Right on F St
• The National Press Building is at the corner of 14th and J.W. Marriott Hotel
• Take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway south and exit at New50)
• Follow New York Ave all the way to 14th St and turn left (South)
• The National Press Building is at the corner of 14th and F St next to the J.W.Marriott Hotel.
Street parking will be available on Sunday, October 14, 2012.
There are a dozen or so garages in the immediate area. You should contact each directly to check availability, rates, and hours.
The closest garages to the Press Club are:
The PMI garage is located on the north side of G St between 13th and 14th Streets.
Carr Park is located at the corner of 15th and F Streets.
• PMI — 202-785-9191(main office number) 1220 E Street, NW Enter on E Street between 12th and 13th Streets
• PMI 1325 G Street, NW Enter on G Street between 13th and 14th Streets
• QUICK PARK I — 202-393-1999 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Enter on 13th Street between E and F Streets
• QUICK PARK II — 202-393-1999 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Enter on 13th Street between E and F Streets
• COLONIAL PARKING — 202-295-8100 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue Enter on E Street between 12th and 13th Streets
• CARR PARK — 202-383-6250 1450 F Street, NW Enter on F Street at the Willard Hotel, between 14th and 15th Streets
$65.00 per person; $30.00 per person (Graduates of 2003-2012); $500 per Table
No recent activity