Faculty Staff Knitting Group - The Stitchuation Room
to knit, crochet, embroider, etc.
The Stitchuation Room
(i.e., The Discovery Lab, 1st Floor Library Learning Commons)
12-1pm, on the first and eleventh of each month
(the dates that most resemble crochet hooks and knitting needles, of course)
What’s The Point?
- Knitting (and other needlecraft) has proven health benefits!
- Plus, crafting with colleagues can help you stay in the loop and build a stronger commu(k)nity!
- If you’d like to knit or crochet as a community service activity, we can help you find a group that can use your hats, socks, baby clothes, or whatever you like to create.
I Might Get Too Busy -- What’s The Commitment?
- You’re not on the hook, just drop in when you can and perhaps share some purls of wisdom.
- Even if you can only come once this term, you are always welcome!
But I Don’t Know How!
- Informal knitting and crocheting lessons are available for novices. We’ll even give you some scrap yarn to get started.
- If possible, bring a pair of knitting needles, preferably size 10 (US) or larger. (We won’t knitpick if they’re a different size, though.)
- Crochet hooks are available for loan.
What Are Those Dates Again?
- Friday, 2/1
- Monday, 2/11
- Friday, 3/1
- Monday 3/11
- Monday 4/1
- Thursday, 4/11
- Wednesday, 5/1
All Faculty and Staff are welcome!
(Students: Check out Tight Knit - EC's awesome student knitting group!)
There may be occasional snacks and ewe are welcome to bring your lunch!
Questions? Contact Karen Storin Linitz or Diane Zydlewski.
Wednesday, May 1 at 12:00pm
Cardinal Cushing Library, Discovery Lab, First Floor
400 Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA